Bring me my Bow of burning gold; bring me my Arrows of Desire ~~ William Blake

Monday, January 2, 2012

Little boys and dinosaurs

I have a nephew about Valentin's age. Right now he is just wild about dinosaurs. On the playground he was getting acquainted with another little boy and was heard asking, "What do you know about dinosaurs?"

I was thinking about Sawyer. He might not know much about dinosaurs right now. But I think he would be fascinated by those big lizard creatures. He would like having small dinosaur figures to carry around with him. He would like learning to pronounce the long intriguing names, like Stegosaurus and Triceratops, and knowing which has horns over its eyebrows and which has spikes in its tail.

He would love having a chance to learn about fascinating things, and having a mom and dad to listen to him tell about it.

And Valentin. He is said to be "hungry for attention." He would like to have a mom and dad to sit with him and show him pictures and tell him about dinosaurs and planets and dragonflies. And to tell him that he is special and beloved.

Both of them would like that so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment