Bring me my Bow of burning gold; bring me my Arrows of Desire ~~ William Blake

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/5/5 Friday

I wanted to share a few more of the 5-year-olds from the Reece's Rainbow 5/5/5 Project. All these children live in Eastern Europe.


This is Daniel. Like Valentin, he has cerebral palsy, as well as hydrocephaly and some symptoms of epilepsy. Daniel is already living in an institution. If he isn't adopted, he will remain bedridden.


This is Denis. He has such beautiful searching eyes. Denis also has epilepsy, and craniostenosis (which means his skull bones are trying to grow together too fast, putting pressure on his brain). He too is in the institution.


This is Lorena. She has cerebral palsy, like Daniel and Valentin, and several other health problems as well, including mental delay and hip dysplasia. In the picture she seems lost in her own world. But that doesn't mean that she wouldn't blossom in response to the love of someone who reached out to her.

These children's health problems seem so daunting. But with all that, they are worthy of our love and our prayers. They are worth being given a chance at life.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. - Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you don't know me but my husband and I are hoping to commit to a different Reece's Rainbow boy with CP very soon, but I also have a soft place in my heart for Valentin. I just can't help but think he'd be an AMAZING son for somebody. It breaks my heart to think that parents could miss out on having him as their own. My name is Cara and my e-mail address is gcgschmidt@ymail.com and I'd love to help you spread the word for him or let people know about any fundraising you do for him. Maybe we can find his home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such precious children...hopefully their forever families will find them soon.

    Karen
    www.foreverfamiliesfororphans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete