Bring me my Bow of burning gold; bring me my Arrows of Desire ~~ William Blake

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Transferred!!

This is "Teri Lynn."


I know the picture is out of focus, but look at her dark hair, done up in a little ponytail on top of her head; look at that cute Peter Pan collar and the roses in her cheeks.

Look at her eyes--uncertain but curious.

Now, this is a newer photo of Teri Lynn.


See her hair--cropped close. See how she is pale.

Look at her eyes.

Teri Lynn has been transferred to an institution. She is five and a half years old.

What can I say?... Friends, this little girl needs her family. She needs to be home with people who love her.

And Valentin doesn't need to be transferred. He needs to go home too.

Look at his eyes.


Can you bear the thought that the light will fade?


2 comments:

  1. I will share your blog entry on fb....one thing that bugs me is that I feel helpless...I can't go and bring the child home. I wish I could. I have to hope that someone else will.

    It is just beyond me how anyone can be so hard of heart to put this look on a little girl's face.

    Karen
    www.foreverfamiliesfororphans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen. I know, especially seeing the change in her is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete